I've really gotten bad about writing in this LJ. Maybe I'll write more if I use this as a semi-public organ log. I just had a productive lesson with Chris this evening, and perhaps I'll note down a few things here.
- Up the tempo
- Nice phrasing, stretch apex of phrases
- Console management: piston pressing/stud stomping with releases, for smooth transitions between sections
- Last section: imagine the melody under the Sw Bourdon solo
- Think in 2
- Don't exaggerate gestures: even out the strong/weak
- But still, make the sections go somewhere
- Fugue: nice touch, clean cadences. Think in 2
- Registration (Fisk): couple Sw Plein Jeu to pedal rather than really high Pos mixture
- Don't overdo addition before last fugue subject, but + Sw Basson 16 (on Ped) fine
- Lemmens Fanfare: articulation, but big downbeat chords not necessarily in strict French 50% off style
- Bach, Nun komm der Heiden Heiland (BWV 599): suspirans figure, but not ponderous
- Next time: start with hymn playing (Hursley) Play St Anne and Helmsley too?
- Consider joining AGO (especially at cheap student rate)
- Consider prepping for AGO Service Playing exam?